Sunday, July 17, 2011

Aries - Volume 1 Chapter 1 (Translation)

Hey guys! Here is another "supplemental" release. This time it is only a translation, not an edited scanlation. My dear friend Okamihime bought this manga a while ago and she kindly destroyed it to scan for me so I can read it too! Therefore I translated it for her. The both of us will share our scan and translation with you! Maybe we will edit it together at some point, but right now it's not in the works. I ask that no one use these RAWs for anything other than your own reading pleasure, since they were not scanned by me, I don't have the right to give permission. If you DO want to do scanlation or something with them, Okamihime has included her contact information in the file, so please seek her permission first.
As for the story, the basic premise is that all the characters from Greek Mythology were reborn in the modern day. The main characters in this series are Hades and Persephone. I'm not more than remotely familiar with Greek Mythology so I hope everyone can forgive any misunderstanding I may have had in this translation. According to this story, Hades fell in love with Persephone, daughter of the goddess Demeter, at first sight and kidnapped her to the underworld. Then Zeus interceded and decreed that Persephone must be returned to the human world for one half of each year, and spend the other half of the year in the underworld. I believe that much is true according to actual Greek Mythology. In this series, however, it goes one step further and alleges that Persephone and Hades were actually mutually in love, and Zeus only made it out to look like a kidnapping because he is a randy bastard and also wanted to make Persephone (one of) his woman (women) as well, and therefore during the 6 months she was in the human world he always tries to seduce her.  Anyways, in the first chapter we are introduced to the re-born Zeus, his wife Hera, and Hades and Persephone. 
One more quick note, in this story they crossover asian ideas about astronomy and zodiac with greek mythology. I really don't know all that much about horoscopes and mysticism and all that... So, again, I'm relying on you guys to be forgiving! With that, I leave you with the chapter.

Translation (by Icarusbride): http://www.mediafire.com/?nhnaqqxwxvm7nc2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.