Saturday, April 14, 2012

Junketsu + Kareshi Chapter 20 MQ/LQ Japanse RAW

First of all, I want to apologize if there's anyone who follows my blog faithfully, waiting for something specific. It must seem that I've got my hand in too many cookie jars (I think I totally butchered the expression...) but the the truth is, I just post up here whatever crosses my path and catches my interest.
Recently I quit working with a scanlation group that I felt didn't appreciate my value (I don't have a totally over-inflated ego or anything... Oh, no, wait, actually I do! lol ) but one of the series I was translating for them I've been missing reading it, and luckily the magazine it's published in also recently started "Digital Release" campaign where they let you pay 580 yen to read the whole magazine online (for 180 days after the purchase only). It's not a download, so to get these RAWs I had to laboriously screenshot each page, which is kind of a PITA. However, it's much less of a PITA than the shipping fee of anywhere from 10$ to 35$ that I would have to pay to get a physical copy of the magazine! And it doesn't take up space in my room!
I think that this is a very reasonable compromise for anyone not living in Japan who still wants to support the author by buying from the original publisher, but who also can't afford shipping fees 3 to 10 times the price of the product! (Now if only Hana to Yume would come out with a digital release...!) As for the quality, you will see if you check out these RAWs, this is the largest zoom that the online reader permits. It's sufficient to make out the furigana, but in some cases not large enough to make out some handwritten kanji.  Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that I want to strongly encourage everyone who is interested and able to try the Digital Release edition that Kodansha is offering on their website for several monthly magazines as well as well as full-sized volumes. The website's all in Japanese and it's a bit difficult to register an account, and also their online reader seems to only work in IE. Or, at least, it doesn't work for me in Google Chrome. But as much as possible I'll try to help you figure it out if you have any questions :D The website for Kodansha's online comics store is here: http://comic.bitway.ne.jp/cp/kc/top.html
Sooo, I am just going to share these medium-to-low quality RAWs here. I really don't know what is going on in this chapter, since I've not read this series since like Chapter 6 and don't especially like it. But I think there are a lot of people who do like it, so even if you can't read it because it's Japanese, I hope you can enjoy the gorgeous art!


Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?yftumkq9ohihgoh


PS: Please don't use these RAWs for scanlation, there is a group that is still working on this series and just waiting for a tankoubon release of the most recent chapters so they can have a really HQ result. I will be really upset if someone uses my RAWs to do project-snatching to them!

9 comments:

  1. "I will be really upset if someone uses my RAWs to do project-snatching to them!"

    I just wanted you to know that you are a huge, ginormous bro. And a boss. Thank you for being awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Bro" is a good thing, right? If so, thanks! Scanlators are all on eachothers' side, and I think we all need to be respectful to eachother! I just wanted to share the Japanese RAWs that I got (mostly 'by accident,' because I bought the magazine to read another series but this series is also included) so others who know Japanese can read it and those who don't can have a spoiler until the scanlation comes out.
      Thanks again for your kind comment :D

      Delete
    2. PS I was checking out your tumblr and noticed you're looking for Beans Ace. Those two issues have listings on Amazon.co.jp still. Amazon isn't selling them new anymore, but there are a few used copies in the marketplace still. You'll need to use a shopping service if you're not in Japan or don't have a friend to act as an intermediary for you, but the price of the magazines looks pretty reasonable.

      http://www.amazon.co.jp/BeansA-%E3%83%93%E3%83%BC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BA%E3%82%A8%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9-Vol-21-2009%E5%B9%B4-11%E6%9C%88%E5%8F%B7/dp/B002R1OGM8/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1336380068&sr=8-3-fkmr1

      and

      http://www.amazon.co.jp/BeansA-%E3%83%93%E3%83%BC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BA%E3%82%A8%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9-2009%E5%B9%B4-03%E6%9C%88%E5%8F%B7-%E9%9B%91%E8%AA%8C/dp/B001R10F74/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336380068&sr=8-1-fkmr2

      For shopping services, I've only used one once and it was this: http://www.rinkya.com/
      It was a long time ago so I don't remember the particulars, but I didn't have any problems with them.

      Delete
  2. Hi! Can you tell me how to go to the online comics store from the link you gave me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, I don't know japanese but I have a scanlation group...and I have a japanese to english transaltor. But if you could just tell me the steps on how to use this magazine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First go here: https://kc.kodansha.co.jp/member/temp_regist.php
      This will let you register a new account.
      Type your email in the first 2 blanks.
      Click the box next to 利用規約に同意する, and then press 確認する.
      On the next page, click 仮登録する.
      On the next page, it tells you to check your email. (you can click 閉じる to close out of this page now).
      In the email they sent you, click the activation link.
      On this page the information they are asking for is
      1. username (less than 15 characters)
      2. (male) or (female)
      3. Birthday (year) (month) (day)
      4. Password (may be between 4 and 8 alphanumeric characters)
      5. Would you like to receive promotional emails? (uncheck it)
      6. Can you receive HTML email (vs cellphone mail)? (click 受け取らない)
      Then click 確認する again.
      If everything is correct on the next page click 登録する.
      Click トップへ戻る to return to the homepage.
      At the top enter your email address (会員ID), your password (パスワード) and click ログインする to log in.
      If you want to stay logged in every time you visit the site, you can also click the box for 次回から入力を省略する.
      Next, along the secondary menu bar (the one with the orange arrows) click on デジタルストア to browse the online store.
      Browse/search for whatever manga you want to purchase for online reading. When you find it, there should be a button that says 買い物カゴへ, this will add it to your shopping cart.
      If that's all you want to buy, you can click 購入する to go to the purchasing page. Otherwise, keep browsing and you can get back to the shopping cart at any time by clicking the orange 買い物カゴ in the top right corner of the page.
      If you accidentally add something to your cart that you don't want to buy, click the blue 削除 next to that item to delete it.
      When you're ready to check out and go to the shopping cart and click 購入する, it will ask you for your email and password again; click 次へ.
      Enter your credit card number on the first line, and it's expiration date (month) (year) on the second line, and click 次へ again.

      I'm going to stop here, because right now there isn't anything I want to buy, and if I continued using the item I put in my cart just to give the step-by-step tutorial, I'll be charged for something I don't want :P

      However, I'll tell you one more thing: how to view items you've already bought.
      On the main 'online store' page (http://comic.bitway.ne.jp/cp/kc/top.html), once you've signed in there is an orange button in the top right corner that says 購入リスト. If you click here, it shows you all the items you've previously bought. *watch out* because there is a time limit to how long you can read the books you've bought: at least for the item I bought, I can only read it for 180 days from the purchase date. So make sure to screenshot your RAWs by then!
      Click the orange 読む button, and it will open up the online reader in a new window. I usually use Google Chrome web browser, but the Kodansha online reader won't work with it, so I have to use Internet Explorer. Firefox or one of the other browsers might also work, but I haven't tried it.
      After this, it's pretty much common sense. Unfortunately there's no way to just download the whole magazine as JPEGs on your computer; you have to zoom in as much as possible (it doesn't let you zoom very much, either) and make a screenshot of each page and separate them in photoshop.

      Let me know if you have any more questions I didn't answer!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondering why the pureblood boyfriend translated only goes up to chapter 17?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have nothing to do with the translation, I just uploaded raws for a while.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.