Friday, March 22, 2013

Shinigami Hime no Saikon Light Novel RAWs - Volumes 1-5


These are RAWs I found elsewhere on the internet, I did not scan them and don't claim any credit for them. I don't know who did scan them, so if you do please let me know so that I can give credit where it is due. To be honest the quality is a bit poor. These are NOT  English translations. If you can not read Japanese, and read it well, you won't be able to read them. There is no furigana and the kanji are small and blurry. However they may at least serve as a spoiler for those interested in how the story progresses. I don't think anyone has scanned any of the volumes beyond number 5. This series is complete with 15 volumes of the main story and 2 volumes of side stories. To see the covers and titles of all the volumes in order, please visit B's-Log Pubishing's official website for Shinigami Hime no Saikon HERE.
One more thing, about whether or not I will be translating the light novels: I haven't decided. I do want to, because this story is really interesting. Although translating novels is much more time consuming than translating manga, particularly such a long series as this, that's not the [only]  source of my hesitation. The manga adaption that Antisense Scanslations and I have been scanlating is almost word-for-word identical to the first volume of the light novel series. I have not yet read the 2nd volume, but I assume that it's also very similar to the sequel/spin-off manga, Baraen no Tokei Koushaku. I worry it will be very boring for everyone, both me translating it and you guys reading it. So, the final answer at this time is "Probably I will translate the novel series, possibly starting from Volume 2 or 3 onwards and skipping volume 1 and maybe 2. However, if another group wants to do it, I have no objection to that either." I will decide what I'm doing for sure once I'm done with translating the manga. If anyone has an opinion on the matter, I'd like to hear it. 

Volume 1: Link Here! 
Volume 2: Link Here!
Volume 3: Link Here!
Volume 4: Link Here!
Volume 5: Link Here!

9 comments:

  1. My opinion on the matter: I've read translated novels before and they are enjoyable even if they aren't in manga form. =3 I'd be happy if you started working on the SHS novels but I also know that translating novels is very much time-consuming. I'm normally satisfied even with undetailed summaries.
    I think you should decide yourself whether you'd be able to work persistently on such a labour-consuming task.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well either manga or novel the story is still interesting. Maybe I could help in cleaning some scan, send me a sample to clean. If your satisfied then I could lend a helping hand. Just to lighten up your workloads, pm me soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love it if you translated the novels! It would be really interesting to read. That being said, if the first two volumes of the novel are similar to the light novel then I think it is best to skip them and start from volume 3 onwards since it's more time efficient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm currently reading the manga by fujiwara kou and i'm enjoying it. I'll really appreciate it if you translate the novel. I thought baka-tsuki would have translated it but tough luck, they didn't..>.<

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for being selfish, but I really hope that u could give brief summary for each volume..but if don't want to, it's okay...just a suggestion

    thanks btw for translating the first chapter of LN...really like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The light novels are really hard for me to read. I can only read maybe 2 pages per hour. So I might as well translate as I go, rather than reading the whole series, summarizing it, and then going back and translating later. If there comes a point when I give up on translations, though, I will do as you suggest and at least write summaries.

      Delete
  6. Please translate the novel/manga! It's really interesting and I'm hooked! >_<

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.