Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Shinigami Hime no Saikon [Light Novel] - Volume 1, Prologue

Today I'm releasing the first "chapter" of the first Shinigami Hime no Saikon light novel! The light novels are much more difficult and time-consuming to translate, so please don't expect I'll be able to release them at the same speed as the manga. Luckily, I got a lot of help with this chapter from Nanaga, an experienced translator who I've looked up to for a long time <3 Please make sure to thank her for keeping my translations true to the original, and coherent in English.

I'd like to hear any comments you might have about formatting, font size, file type, etc. Also, let me know how you feel it compares to the manga, although there isn't much to judge by so far!

Read Online: Google Documents or PressBooks
Download: Link Here!

21 comments:

  1. Try using Pressbooks. It's waaaaay better. :) Easier editing and easier reading.
    For example look at this light novel translation: http://sideblackandwhite.pressbooks.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do like that! And thanks for the book recommendation as well :D

      Delete
  2. thank you for sharing! and thank you Nanaga for translating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I wrote it a bit confusing in the post, but I actually translated this :D Nanaga proofread. But Nanaga's Japanese is better than mine, I think she could have translated it way faster than me.

      Delete
    2. oops... sorry... thanks for translating!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for taking the time to translate it! I'm glad you decided to. :) I learned a new word: blaspheme. I thought the only version of the word was blasphemy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I'd rather read from volume 2 if volume 1 was completely comicalized. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it very much, thanks a lot for translating!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing this! I just finished the manga and I am looking forward to seeing more out of this series :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you so much and can you tell me when you will release the next chapter of Shinigamihime no Saikon - Baraen no Tokei Koushaku and thanks again :))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, this is so amazing! It's so rare to see such beautiful sounding phrases in a professional translation, let alone in a non-commercial one!
    Thank you for taking the time and dedication to translate it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love this story but when will it update because I want to read what happens next really really badly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG thank you! I have been waiting for this for so long! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. hiya i hope you havent given up on this, it is marvelous and nowhere else to be found, please keep it up if you possibly can ::::)

    ReplyDelete
  13. is this all of it? are there no more chapters?:(

    ReplyDelete
  14. WAAH!!PLEASE THE LINK FOR DOWNLOAD DOESN'T WORK~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you going to continue with the shinigami hime no saikon series???

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.