Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dengeki Daisy - Side Story

Today Ninasaurio sent me the link to a blog post in which a Japanese blogger summarized a special side story that was released in the August 2012 issue of Deluxe Betsucomi. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find anyone who has a copy of it, and it's really hard to get old issues of magazines outside of Japan, so I can't find the RAWs anywhere. However, the blogger who wrote the post in question did an amazingly detailed summary, so I translated it for you guys. Hopefully this side story will show up as an extra in one of the next few volumes, because I rea--lly wanna read it!!! 
Just a quick translator's note, the tenses were all over the place in the original summary as well. I mostly just kept them as written, resulting in a lot of mixing of past and present narrative sentences. Sorry for any irritation this may cause!

Original Post: http://funwarhythm.blog111.fc2.com/blog-entry-1190.html
Written by: Mai-Hime from Funwarism
Translated by: Icarusbride


 


[Narration]
A certain day's happenings...
While laying on the couch, Kurosaki props his chin up with one hand and stares silently at Teru, watching what she's doing.

[Kurosaki]
"To be a beautiful woman, it takes great effort every day."
"A good woman won't neglect event he tips of her fingers."
It seems this is some kind of mantra that was written in a women's fashion magazine or something.
In any case, what I'm trying to say is, it appears Teru has been working hard lately.
Well, I mean, Teru's always hard-working, but you know what I mean...

[Narration]
Teru's making use of the time while Kurosaki's sleeping on the couch to paint her nails.
However, her face is the very definition of seriousness.
She's paiting her nails, one finger at a time, just like she's challenging them to a battle.
But, just then, Teru notices the sideways gaze watching her.

[Teru]
"Wah! You were watching? Since when?? W-when you woke up, you should have said so! Kurosaki-san, I was waiting all this time because you were naping!"

[Kurosaki]
"Oh, really? Sorry."

[Narration]
Kurosaki gets up from the sofa, while scratching his head.
Then he grins down at Teru.

[Kurosaki]
"I couldn't help it, your face was so serious it was amusing. Is it really something you need to concentrate that hard on? Must be difficult."

[Narration]
Thinking that she was being made fun of, Teru responds sternly:

[Teru]
"...That's right, even I want to look a little pretty. You're probably thinking the effort's wasted on a shrimp like me, but just you wait and see!"

[Narration]
As she says this, Teru begins to put away the nailpolish.

[Teru]
"...But, well, this is something you need to do when no one's looking. You can't just do it right in front of a man. Sorry..."

[Narration]
Kurosaki takes the nailpolish out of Teru's hand.
Then he grips her hand, and a bold smile rises to the surface.

[Kurosaki]
"You can't put it away now, you're still only half done. Don't tell me you're bored of it already?"

[Teru]
"Eh... N-no, that's not it, but..."

[Kurosaki]
"If you don't want to paint them anymore, than I will. Er, your nails I mean, not mine."

[Teru]
"Eh? Huh? W-what are you saying? Why should you..."

[Kurosaki]
"It seems fun. kind of like applying a plastic coating. And it's not like you'll die if I mess up, or anything. You just sit there quietly. I'll be gentle."

[Teru]
"Are you serious? No way. That was a weird way of saying it, just now. H-hold on, wait, I'm a little scared..."

[Narration]
Teru tried to protest but Kurosaki wouldn't be moved, and made her sit there. Then he gently gripped her left hand and applied polish to her fingernails. While painting, Kurosaki thought:

[Kurosaki]
I want to do "something special" like this.
Because I can't send special "sweet mails" like I used to.
You're so hopelessly sweet and cute, I want to embrace you.
But I can't do that either...

[Narration]
Completely unaware of what Kurosaki was thinking, Teru admires his skill at painting nails.

[Teru]
"Y-you really are good at this, Kurosaki-san..."

[Kurosaki]
"That's because school janitors can do anything. Don't underestimate me."

[Narration]
Teru starts to get shy because of being so close to Kurosaki, and tries to make up something to talk about.

[Teru]
"Heh-heh... Somehow, this is kind of awkward..."

[Kurosaki]
"You think so?"

[Teru]
"Yeah... but you really are good at this, Kurosaki..."

[Kurosaki]
"...To be honest, I'm doing it with a lot of effort. This is harder than it looks."

[Teru]
"Y-yeah... What do you think of this nail color?"

[Kurosaki]
"...Huh?"

[Teru]
"It's a really generic beige-pink color. My friends were recommending something darker, or maybe one of those newly-released colors that are popular right now, but..."

[Kurosaki]
"...This one's fine, isn't it? It's a pretty color. It looks good on you."

[Teru]
"Ehehe... Thanks..."

[Narration]
Teru smiles happily at Kurosaki's words.
However, at that very moment, Kurosaki was struggling with himself.
Looking at Teru's nails, Kurosaki thought:

[Kurosaki]
Hey, Teru, just how aware are you of my feelings?
I don't think of you as a child.
I want to make you belong only to me. Every part of you, all the way to your fingertips.
At that time, I want you to use these prettily painted fingernails to leave marks on my back.
...But if you ever found out I was having such fantasies, you'd pummel me to death.
It's really hard on me, so please, become beautiful slowly.
Please...

[Narration]
Kurosaki pinches Teru's nose.

[Kurosaki]
"There you go, all done~~~ Stay like this for a little while."

[Teru]
"W-what are you... Until my nails dry I can't fight back..."

[Narration]
Teru shakes her hand(s) up and down, as if to resist, but because her nails aren't dry, she can't pull her hand(s) free.
It might be that Kurosaki is always fighting with himself against those kinds of thoughts time he teases Teru.

17 comments:

  1. Just thinking about him having these kind of thoughts about Teru makes me wanna...RAWR!!! I love this man, it's good that we can finally see some sexual tension even if it's only on his part! Call me a perv, but I just loved this side story!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I second every single word you said! XD

      Delete
  2. "At that time, I want you to use these prettily painted fingernails to leave marks on my back."
    YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT "MARKS ON HIS BACK" MEANS RIGHT???? RIGHT??????????????
    HOLY SHIT THIS MANGA!!! THIS SIDE STORY!!! *fangasms and nosebleed*

    thenk you ica for translating it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I squee-ed soooo much when I read that line!!!

      Delete
    2. Omo kurosaki and his terugasm haha ...loved it
      Thankyou icaru san .

      Delete
  3. hello this is my first time visiting ur blog and i really like it and thank you very much for the summary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe what I just read...! OMG!!! This side story should have been included in the series also!!!!!!!
    That's so awesome! Well, it was my concern at first too. I was thinking of how can Kurosaki and Teru living in the same house (I know sometimes Teru is in Riko's place), but stil, things like that can happen in any minutes. But whatever, this side-story added a lot of tensions to the manga! Love it!

    I appreciate what Icarus's done! You're so amazing! Dedicate so much time on this translation for everyone's interest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the exact same reaction when I read it. I was like "mai-hime has GOT to be making this up... this has got to be fan-fiction, not cannon... but holy crap it IS cannon and it really just said that... KYAAA!!" <-- Icarus' brain is a scary, scary place.

      Delete
    2. LOL, not only you Icarus. All of us do feel the same thing! This is too much for me... Evenn when I re-read it! But I hope you can find the copy of it oneday :)!!!!

      Delete
  5. JUST HAVE SEX ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is probably what the author's thinking: "Kakakaka.... I will make you guys dead longing for the final scenes". Jk!

      Delete
    2. LOL they only kissed for the first time like 3 chapters ago. Teru is too flustered with a french kiss, she'd explode if they had sex now. Poor Kurosaki will have to bear with it at least 20 more chapters.

      Delete
  6. "I want you to use these prettily painted fingernails to leave marks on my back.
    ...
    It's really hard on me, so please, become beautiful slowly.
    Please..."

    What a pervy Kurosaki is :D I hope his fantasies regarding Teru will come true soon^^
    As always, thanks for your hard work :) I believe many DD fans would have died without your raws and summaries :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh!!!!! I would have never expected Kruosaki to think that! Now we need a side story to see how Teru thinks!

    ReplyDelete