Tuesday, December 17, 2013

[RAW] Red River Light Novels - Sora wa Akai Kawa no Hotori Gaiden











I don't think many people know this, but there's a 5-volume light novel series that was written after the end of the manga series as a side story. These novels are all set about 10 years before the beginning of the manga series and detail the childhood adventures of Kail and his brothers and friends, often battling against the schemes of his stepmother Nakia. Unfortunately, Yuri doesn't appear in any of the novels, but on the other hand it's all new material, unlike the light novel adaptions of other series which just retell the original story in book form. I have scanned the first 3 volumes because I bought 2 copies of each while I was in Japan. Perhaps I can get a second copy of the last 2 volumes when I get back to Japan, in which case I will scan the last two volumes as well.


Volume 1 - Ma ga Toki no Reimei
Read Online: Link Here!
Download: Link Here!

Suspicious of the circumstances of his mother Empress Hinti's death, Prince Kail recruits his younger brother Zananza to investigate. They begin to uncover the plot of a priestess named Nakia, who is aiming to become the next empress, but they have no proof. Furthermore, the hand of evil is closing in on Zananza... 



Volume 2 - Zoku - Ma ga Toki no Reimei
Read Online: Link Here!
Download: Link Here!

Conclusion to the events of the previous novel.










Volume 3 - Tsuitachi no Tsuki
Read Online: Link Here!
Download: Link Here!

Kail met with the brother and sister Kash and Tessa on his way back to the capital. While suffering under the burden of their sick mother's property taxes, the two former aristocrats have not lost their pride. At that time, the son of the official governing their village started demanding the sister, Tessa, become his concubine. However she's become enchanted with Kail, not knowing that he's the prince of the Hittite empire. Kail has also become fond of courageous Tessa...?!

7 comments:

  1. Volume 2 and 3 have the same download link. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could read this......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could clone a few more of myself, then I'd translate this too! But I haven't had time to even read it myself :(

      Delete
  3. So if I understood right, these aren't really manga? And could you translate these some time? Or do you know any place, where it might be possibe to find these in english? I cannot read japanese at all and I'd die for being able to read these.... But I thank you for letting me know, that these even exists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so so much for sharing this!!! I really love this manga and I didn't know that there is novel for this!!! hope to be able to read vol.04 and vol.05 too!! Once again thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, it seems that the files have been deleted. Is it still possible to download them?
    By the way, do you have vol.4 and vol.5? If yes, is it possible that you upload them or scan them?
    Thanks anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.