Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Vampire Knight - Side Story

I originally didn't have any intention of scanlating this side story. Based on the almost insane speed with which the chapters of the main series were scanlated, I expected the side story would also be scanlated before I even received my copy of the magazine in the mail. But for some reason no one seems to be scanlating this side story, so I decided to do it. This side story takes place after the end of the last chapter and clarifies several points that were unclear at the end of the series. 

I struggled with translating this chapter, because both the plot and language used in this series is very ambiguous. Many crucial sentences are missing subjects, sometimes intentionally, so it's very vague what's actually being said. Where possible, I've added in subjects and clarified ambiguous language, sometimes at the expense of literal translations. Overall, I think that there are few, if any major translation errors, though I'm still really uncertain about one point, the scene in which Aidou suggests that Zero is going to be a gigolo in the future. I don't know what gave him this idea. If anyone else can offer an explanation, I'd like to hear it!

Well then, I think that's about it from me. Enjoy, and remember to purchase a copy of the volumes either in Japanese or in English when they come out!

Download: Link Here!
Read Online: Link Here! 

10 comments:

  1. I'm also surprised that it's been THIS long until someone scanlated this... I've seen the RAWs before, so was just waiting around for someone to translate it. Turns out the actual thing was much better than I thought from what I saw before. My feels T___T Thanks you so much for translating this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Thanks for your comment :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thank you for your effort. I'm a big f an of VK a long time ago. The truth is that from the first moment ( 6/11) apered in baidu and then in tumbl and 3 or 4 days more, on Livejournal community... there was a lot of scalators doing it! Even in other languages parting form the english ones.
    So well, I suppose with you I will able to read another pov more. See you then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much for the hard work, great job!

    ---- as for the actual story, for me at least, i feel like this side story doesnt take away the bad taste the ending of VK left me with. Yuuki left thinking about kaname until she dies, zero stuck with a woman thinking about another man, and kaname waking up with only kids to keep him company. =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay...I got a little bit confused...who's the children's father? O.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yuuki's first child is by kaname, and the 2nd is zero.
      the other kids in this side story, i think were her friends kids.

      Delete
  6. Decided to read this for New Year since I've been a vk fan for quite a while and been following the series... it was wonderful to see the old characters in action again one last time, even though it didn't really help me take in the ending which was heart wrenching for me.... I can hardly believe its over, Like This.... Will miss it so much since it was my first manga Ever :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's a nice idea, saving the last chapter of your favorite manga as a New Year's present for yourself!!
      I fell in and out of love with this series several times, but no matter what I'm grateful that I found it, because it's the series that got me into scanlation.

      Delete
    2. I was rather deeply obsessed with this series ^^;
      Up until the end of Rido's Arc, that's where it got a bit dull from too much drama for me.... ._. But still continued to read it of course because I was obsessed P:

      And wow thats cool that it got you into scanalation, it got me into manga and drawing graphic novels :D

      Delete
  7. I haven't finished the manga yet, but I'm currently rewatching the anime, and I suddenly had the urge to look up every information about this story. I'm glad I found your work, and although I won't read it until I finish the manga, I'd like to thank you for uploading ~ <3

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.