Saturday, January 18, 2014

[Light Novel] Sugar Apple Fairy Tale - Volume 1: Ginzatoushi to Kuro no Yousei - Chapter 2B

Today Aqua Scans and I have the next bit of the Sugar Apple Fairytale light novel series ready for you guys. Today's release is the second half of Volume, Chapter 2. 

You have probably noticed already, but the chapters are split up a bit differently than in the manga. Chapter 2 of the light novel contains half of chapter 2 and half of chapter 3 of the manga. My goal is to quickly catch up and surpass what's currently been published of the manga. Then perhaps more people will read the novel. A lot of people have kindly commented both here and on Aqua Scans' page thanking us for our work on the light novels, but I still believe the number of people reading the novel is much lower than the number of people reading the manga. My other goal is to capture all of the fans of the manga and get them addicted to the light novel as well, just like me :P 

My little sister and my dad helped me proofread this chapter. After a while, I can't remember if things sound right in English or not, even though it's my native language. There are some weird, awkward sounding sentences that I come up with and I don't even recognize that they are weird, or else I realize it but can't figure out how to make it sound better. So today I went through this chapter after I finished translating it and made them tell me if stuff sounded okay or not when I got the feeling it might not be quite right. Turns out, I have one sentence pattern that I way overuse when translating from Japanese to English. I think it's because of the fact that I almost always have to flip the orientation of the sentence simultaneously in my head. Anyways in case you haven't picked up on it, Icarus's most overused sentence pattern is like so: (verb)-ing, (character) (verb)-ed. Most often, I use this pattern when the novel uses と to connect two clauses.

In any case, I won't make you read any more of my babbling. On to the chapter!

Chapter 2B: Link Here! 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for translation really I`m interested in this novel,it seems different event compared to manga and we hope to see more of your work,thank you again :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.