Thursday, February 13, 2014

Aria - January, 2014

In this post I will introduce some new series starting in Aria magazine recently.

Kakei no Alice, Chapter 1
This is a dark, non-canon retelling of Alice in Wonderland by popular author Kaori Yuki. To get an idea of what the series will be like, check out the picture of Alice with a machine gun on the chapter title page. 
Read Online: Link Here!
Download: Link Here!

Shinobi Koi Utsutsu, Chapter 1
This looks to be a very typical otome-game style manga. Girl with special powers surrounded by gorgeous guys wearing kimono. The art is nice but I'm not interested in the story.
Read Online: Link Here!
Download: Link Here!

Shinitagari to Hibari, Chapter 2
Unfortunately, I was turned off by the art and setting of this manga at first glance, so I didn't scan the first chapter and have already disposed of the magazine. I didn't realize until the second chapter came out that this is kinda sorta an AGE GAP ROMANCE (???) manga!! Well, there's no romance, really, and probably won't be any, but there is a "special connection" between a jaded rounin (masterless samurai) and an orphaned girl. This manga is set in the Edo period and the characters get involved with incidents around the city, so it reminds me a bit of Meiji Kiiro Hitan.
Read Online: Link Here!
Download: Link Here!

World Verse
I honestly have no idea what this is about, I didn't read it. It's a oneshot and there are some magic powers and traditional Japanese spirits in an ordinary modern-day setting. 
Read Online: Link Here!
Download: Link Here!

This issue also contained Kirikagohime to Mahoutsukai Chapter 9 and Kore wa Koi no Hanashi Chapter 38.5: Kore mo Koi no Hanashi. I will post them in separate posts later.

Keep an eye out for a big big release tomorrow. I've been working for over a month to prepare it and I'm really looking forward to releasing it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.