Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sugar Apple Fairytale Volume 16 Preview

I got my hands on a copy of the final volume in the Sugar Apple Fairytale series, which came out just yesterday in Japan! I actually wanted to buy it yesterday, on the release day, but there were literally about 80 people in line to check out at the store I went to (Osaka ANIMATE), so I gave up. Today I went to several different stores here in Shiga looking for this book but it wasn't in stock at any of them except for one, and I bought the last copy they had! I think that there was a severe shortage in the first printing of this book, because it's currently back-ordered on Amazon Japan. I'm really glad I was able to find one.

I am planning on eventually collecting 2nd copies of volumes 10-16 to debind and scan for you guys (so I don't have to destroy my own copies) but until then please check out these crappy cellphone pics I took of all the illustrations from this volume!


Read Online: Link Here!  

PS: There's big news!!! Although this is the final book of the main storyline, there will be ONE MORE BOOK of Sugar Apple Fairytale published sometime in January-March 2015! It will be another collection of side stories, similar to Volume 12. Among the contents covered in this epilogue volume will be Ann and Shall's wedding ceremony, and the stories of what Keith, Mythrill and other characters are doing after the end of the main storyline. I can't wait for that volume either!

11 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the info and images ,you tried so hard to have it,so happy that I could n't believe it ,by the way in first of pages show Shall hugging Ann but transparent ,I didn't get it..........
    I know you are busy and thank you for spending time in translating and reading books especially japanese :3
    Please could you give us a small summary about this volume

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still on volume 10, so it will be a while before I get to reading this volume. In the meantime, here's the summary from the back of the book:

      "----I'll make it. Because I am a silver sugar master." In order to call down good luck upon the kingdom, as well as to fulfill her promise to Shall, Ann is working with the other sugar craftsmen trying to complete the sugar sculpture. However, she ends up being taken into custody by Duke Colette for her affiliation with the fairy king, despite the fact that she's still in the middle of making a sugar sculpture!! On the other hand, Shall is on a solitary mission to prevent Rafall from escaping in order to secure his future with Ann, but...?!! Fate is starting to move for each of them as they hold their feelings deep in their hearts, in this suspenseful series finale!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you a lot and I will follow your blog

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing! The illustrations, especially colorful, are gorgeous, as usual:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First thought when I saw that colored front page - why the heck is there a ghostly Shall giving her encouragement(?!) is he saying goodbye oh noooooo.

    Second thought: OMG that hug at the end, they probably were separated for a while, i get the feeling that it was a running hug into his arms, lookie at how tightly they're hugging each other ;__; And to think, the volume colors show the progression of their relationship, from being distant, to respectfully distant, to i'm-just-here-to-protect-you, to I'M NOT LETTING YOU GO ANYMORE ;___;.

    So excited for the final final volume! I didn't really expect for them to get married! Queen Anne? ;) I hope we get an illustration of the wedding scene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1st thought: I think they are separated at this point and she's feeling his encouragement from afar?

      2nd thought: YES THIS EXACTLY!!

      I wanna a wedding scene illustration too!!!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this! I adore the pictures. Wow, they are actually going to get married?! It would be neat if they had a little Ann/Shall mix baby, but I get the idea that fairies can't reproduce in such a way. Or can they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for sharing! the illustrations are lovely. i'm excited for the short stories volume, i hope there will be illustrations of ann's and shall's wedding. and i really appreciate that you plan to get second volumes of 10-16 to scan for us~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to ask of you a HQ front covers scans if possible. :)
    Also, what's the last arc called? (It's listed on the cover flap - I saw up to 4th arc on amazon-jp "look inside".)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I read the first translation And i'm really enjoying the story! Even i don't understand japanese so much i will surely buy a volume i really love the arts♡

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.