Thursday, September 17, 2015

Kawareta Wedding

Tomorrow is the undoukai ("sports festival") at my schools. Boyfriendman and I will be visiting 3 of my 4 schools to watch them compete in relay races and tug-of-war and so on, and to see the dance/pyramid-building performances that each grade has worked on for weeks. It should be a fun but exhausting day. And in the evening tomorrow a JET friend of mine is coming to visit from Nagasaki for a few days. Next week is a series of national holidays referred to collectively as "silver week," so we will do some sightseeing in Kyoto and go to a giant outlet mall. I really wish we had time and money to visit Costco!

I thought the art on this manga was beautiful and bought it immediately when I saw it even though it was full price. It's a historical romance based on a novel. The story is about the unlikely love story between a self-made business man who hates the aristocracy, and an impoverished daughter of an aristocratic family. Enjoy!

Read Online: Link Here!
Download: Link Here! 

5 comments:

  1. Wow it's been quite some time to see you post something. But don't forget that we, readers, still remember and visit your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Unknown! I will try to keep finding time to make some posts.

      Delete
  2. Have a joyful silver week! And if after all fun you still have some strength and time left, please share with us your impressions and maybe some photos:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silver week was a lot of fun! I went to an Edo-era replica village in Kyoto that is used as the set to film period dramas. The name of this place is called Toei Eiga Mura. It was kind of a rip off (2200 yen just to get in, and all of the 'attractions' inside also cost money, so we mostly walked around and took pictures without doing anything) but it was pretty cool. I also went to my finace's hometown for the 2nd time to meet his parents again and I also got to meet his grandparents for the first time. His grandfather is 82 and still works full time! He owns his own business building traditional Japanese-style houses. He's a very sturdy and cheerful old man, and grandma is also very sweet and showed me Kazu's baby pictures :D

      Delete
  3. Sounds great! Especially the fiance part:) Maybe I missed the news or maybe it was not publicly reported, but please accept my warmest congratulations on upgrade from boyfried to fiance! Let there be more and more positive and happy developments in your lives!
    I was at Toei Eiga Mura last year and though it is indeed too expensive, but I got a chance to make photos with actors and even maiko-san who was among the visitors, so in a way it was worth it:)
    By the way, I know that it is rather presumptuous of me, but it so happens that this November I will again visit Kansai for two weeks (I will stay in Osaka and make trips to other prefectures, including Shiga) and I thought that if you may happen to have time, possibility and interest, we could meet somewhere over a cup of tea and have small talk about Aki-sensei works:) But if your schedule does not allow it, it is no problem at all.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.