Monday, October 19, 2015

[RAW] Nodoka no Niwa - Volume 1

Hey guys! Those of you who follow me on facebook may have seen my post about this series the other day. I haven't read any manga in AGES (literally in almost a year) due to being too busy, but I saw this in the bookstore a few weeks ago and knew I had to read it. Somehow I made time, and I'm glad I did! 

This is an age-gap romance with a very large age gap. The protagonists are a 23-year-old grad student in the German Lit department, Asahina Motoko, and her 64- year-old once married and now divorced professor, Sakaki Ikuo. Asahina is called "Schwarz" (German for "black," according to the manga)by her classmates because she's always wearing black and has a very  serious and mature personality and has trouble socializing with others. But when Professor Sakaki picks up a baby bird whose nest was destroyed in a storm, Asahina has the chance to help him take care of it until its parents return, and discovers that he's not at all like the stern and harsh reputation he has among the students, he's actually kind and easy to talk to. But when Asahina accidentally blurts out her feelings for him, Professor Sakaki responds with "What you're feeling isn't love" and the challenge to write him a report about the difference between "affection"and "love." Can socially challenged Asahina discover the real meaning of "love," while simultaneously working to develop her seriously stunted social skills? 

Read Online: Link Here!
Download: Link Here! 

3 comments:

  1. Aw... Thanks for this, Icarus-sama! I'm totally hooked into age-gap stories, this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for your sweet comment. I can't wait for volume 3 to come out. It's due out "sometime this winter."

      Delete
  2. I just saw this. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.